Thursday, February 4, 2010

We have had a new addition!!!!

No, not a baby yet!  A lizard! He has been given a lovely stripper name of  "Jackie Legs", because he's "such a great jumper"!!!  My many thanks to Auntie Leanne, for this new addition to our family!

And a big thanks, for all the excitement that "jackie Legs" has already brought to us!  We had a great time the other day when, while attempting to feed his new pet, Alex dropped the container of crickets onto his bed.  Then came the screaming and yelling that had me running up the stairs to see what part of him was injured only to discover him climbing up the wall trying to escape the little nasties...
 
So, super mom to the rescue, I started catching them as best I could without touching them, for I too would have prefered to be climbing up the walls!  We found a Poke ball in the closet that worked great for snapping them up and dropping them into the container.  At least a dozen later and we thought we had them all, till the screaming started up again as one of them made a trip down the heat register.  We are still waiting to see if he made it out alive....

And, during all this drama and screaming and general freaking out, my lovely Peter decided it was his duty to lecture us and let us know the proper way of feeding ones' pet (he has a pet snake, you know), and informing ME that he would just have to take over feedings from now on, blah, blah, blah...

Needless to say, I am glad that we have not been revisited by the escaped cricket.  I do not want to have a repeat performance of  "cricket on the bed" with it's lovely musical numbers and insane dialogues.  Nor do I want to spend any more time on my hands and knees chasing down nasty little crickets that I KNOW are probably planning their second escape as I type...

 

Welcome to the family, Jackie Legs!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: