Friday, January 8, 2010

UPDATE...

We are packing up a storm!  Our possession has been moved up to January 15!!!!

Can you believe it?  I am soooo happy!  We don't have to move twice, and we aren't homeless!  We are just waiting for the mortgage instructions to get finished and then Hopefully, everything will go smoothly and we get our keys next Friday!!!!!  All the boxes and furniture are going into a giant bin tomorrow.  Then the cleaning will commence!  Luckily we haven't dirtied it up too much since it was for sale. 


The kids started school this week in Okotoks.  I am driving two hours a day again until we get moved, though I don't really mind it!  It's kind of relaxing to drive and I catch up with my mom on the phone while I drive.  Love you mom!    We are very happy with the teachers, though there was a bit of a problem at first, I stuck to my guns and they fixed it for me!  (insert proud mom moment here!)  Levi is in all day kindergarten, which I LOVED with Peter and Alex.  Peter is already arranging playdates with friends.  Not practical right now, but I'm glad he's found a friend.  He also informed me on his first day, that he "talked like Levi all day so they would think I was cute and get used to me before I started acting normal"  HUH???  I let him know he should just be himself!  Alex seems to be doing okay, too.  Though he is more reluctant to share with me his triumphs.  Levi's teacher is one of those people who absolutely drip with sweetness and goooey lovey dovey-ness.  Kind of gross, but the kids love her.  Sooooo not my style!  All in all it has been a great week for us.  Lots of good news and lots of new experiences! 

Did I mention that I hate, HATE my new carpet????  It's the wrong shade of brown for the rest of the house.  Come on over and you can let me know what you think.  I'm rather disapointed in myself that I managed to screw up a house again.  This time with "neutral" colors!  If you don't already know about my blue house, I'll say no more.... :D  Anyway, I've decided that I can overlook the brown carpet for all the other wonderful things that the house has to offer!  Right?  I'm still trying to convince myself.  I've been back since my fist glimpse, and decided it isn't as bad as I first thought. 

So here are a few pictures of my accomplishments this week!  Thanks to my hubby for all his hard work!  And to my kids, for amusing themsleves without toys to play with, and to the whole family for eating all the nasty instant food we have because I packed all my dishes and spices and kitchen tools!  All this "suffering" will make the new house that much better!

I couldn't stand that my living room was still looking decorated and lived in.....So I put garbage bags on the fake trees.  Now they are officially packed! Levi has big plans to color, cut and glue faces on them. 





All the toys are in boxes.  The OCD in me gave up and threw them all in boxes UNSORTED!!!!!  Oh, the good times to be had when I unpack them!  The kids were great and I had four little hands taking screws out of toys shelves.  It must have saved me hours!

 The basement is all packed up, too.  The kids found the Halloween bucket and have been running around with swords, and dressed like power rangers and super girl. 
My closet has never been so clean!  Or so empty!
 The beds are all on the floor!  It's such fun to jump from bed to bed!  I'm even letting them.  My bed is on the floor now, too.  I'm not sure how easily I'll be able to get up off it in the morning, but it's only for a week :D
 And, have I mentioned that God is gifting us with FABULOUS melting temperatures for our moving week?  We have been truly blessed this year already. :D

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I love the bagged trees, and I can't wait to see that lovely brown carpet for myself!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: