Monday, November 16, 2009

Cookie Exchange!!!



I've been invited to a cookie exchange at the end of the month!  I love going, and tasting and visiting and getting!  It's a great time!  So this year with the house for sale and the need to have a spotless home at all times, I was getting a little concerned about when I would get these cookies done.  So I decided Monday nights are probably slow...So I started baking this morning! 






The cookies...
The caramels...
  
The Chocolate!...
  
The pecans...
  
The many batches...
  
My kitchen full of cookies...
The final product!  Yummy! 

And my helpers, Messy!
  
I think I made about 15 dozen, but I lost count.  Now off to the dollar store for some Christmas packaging to make them beautiful.
Here's the recipe if you want to give it a try!  Compliments of Taste of Home and tweaked a bit to speed it up!


Caramel Pecan Treasures

Cookies
1 cup butter
¾ cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 ¾ cup flour
½ tsp baking powder

Topping
25 caramels
1/8 cup evaporated milk

1 cup semi-sweet choc. chips
1/2 tbsp shortening

½ cup chopped pecans

Directions
1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.  Beat in vanilla.  Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. 

2.  Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls.  Place 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.  Flatten slightly. Bake at 325* for 12 -15 min.  or until golden brown.  Remove to wire racks to cool.

3.  Place the caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1-2 min. until melted.  Mix well and spoon or pipe onto the tops of cookies. 

4.  Place the chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 1-2 minutes.  Mix well and drizzle or pipe over caramel. 

5.  Top with chopped pecans.  Let set until firm.  Enjoy!

Yield – 2 ½ dozen cookies



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for dropping some off at my house! They are sooooooooooooooo yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: