Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Railings...




We hired Alberta Rail Masters Inc to do our handrails in this house, and here is my dad hard at work.  You have to have the best, especially when they are in the family!
We love it so far!  Thanks Dad!

A close up of our pattern...


The upstairs rail from the front entry...


Check out the beautiful handrail going down into the basement.  That is soooo not the builder standard handrail!  We wont be taking that off to get the couch down the stairs! 


The view from my bedroom doorway.  It's looking great!


The rail into the living room from the basement stairs...And my house is getting more child friendly all the time.  I can bring the kids by now without worrying that Harlee is going to do a header down the stairs!


Looks like dad is trying to ram that post.  I sent Trevor with the camera, and didn't get any face shots!  I'll see you at work tomorrow dad, so I can take a few more!
Our thanks go out to my dad for all his hard work and time.  We absolutely love your work and our new rail!    And a big shout out to Rae and Jer, thanks for the spindles!  There will always be a touch of  you  in our home!

2 comments:

  1. Your Neighbor who will miss you guysDecember 13, 2009 at 7:04 PM

    House is looking great you guys, just wondering if you've had the kids test those spindles. You know for things like their head width, which toys will fit through etc.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. No! However, there is a very inconveniently placed light that runs withing arms reach of them through those lovely spindles. We are waiting to see who discovers this mistake first....My money is on Levi!

    ReplyDelete

Comments: