Sunday, November 1, 2009

Monkey Bread experiment...



So I was going visiting teaching this week, and I wanted to take a treat for my sisters, and the kids like treats too, so I decided to make some monkey bread.


This was my first batch.  I decided to make my own bread instead of using frozen buns.  What I didn't realize, was that my recipe was twice as big as the bag of frozen stuff.  I had all this in a bunt pan and the buns kept popping out of the pan as it baked!  Scary!  Anyway, it was too big with not enough sauce.  A flop but the kids still ate it!

I had another batch of dough rising while the first one cooked.  I realized my first mistake and threw half the rising buns into another pan.  I only have one bunt pan, so into my two piece angel food pans they go.  That was my next mistake.  The butter dripped through the bottom of the pan and all over my oven!  This one turned out not too bad.


This is the other one.  Not so nice.  Apparently there is more to monkey bread than I knew.  The sauce in this one just didn't go where I wanted it to go!  Mistake number three...I used the wrong kind of pudding in my sauce.  I should have used instant, but I only had cooked pudding mixes.  These are not interchangeable!


I was not about to be bested by my monkey bread, so I wrapped it up and gave it away, even though it was questionable!!!  If you have the secret to no-fail monkey bread, please be sure to share it with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: